- Polypro long underwear.
- Fleece Pants.
- Wool and/or Polypro socks.
- Fleece pullover and/or fleece vest.
- Wool sweater.
- Rainjacket with hood; gore-tex, short wading-style is best.
- Wool or fleece fingerless fishing gloves.
- Wool or fleece stocking hat.
- Ball cap or other hat to block glare.
- Please don’t wear cotton garments on the stream! Cotton gets wet through perspiration and rain, and will lead to a cold, miserable day. Please stick to synthetics and
- Comfortable clothes and shoes for wearing around King Salmon.
- Polarized sunglasses or clip-ons; light amber color.
- Camera; King Salmon has film and disposables, but digitals are best.
- Sunscreen, with SPF of 15 or greater.
- Lip balm with sunscreen protection.
- Insect repellent with DEET.
- Lightweight breathable waders; neoprene or rubber should be avoided, as they are
too hot when hiking.
- Wading boots.
- Wading belt.
- Wading staff.
- Fly rods; a 5 or 6 weight, and a 7 or 8 weight. A 9 or 10 weight if fishing for king
salmon. Please bring only multi-piece fly rods! Two-piece fly rods are too long to
fit in the airplane!!
- Floating lines for all rods; also medium sink-tips for the 7-8 and 9-10 weight rods.
- Leaders and tippet; 0x through 3x.
- Split-shot or other weight.
- Fly line cleaner.
- Fly floatant.
- Strike indicators.
- Hook sharpening file.
- Forceps or pliers.
- Wolly-buggers; plain, bead, and cone-head; olive, black, and purple; sizes 2, 4, 6.
- Egg-sucking leeches; same sizes and colors as wolly-buggers.
- Sculpin streamers; black and olive; sizes 2 and 4.
- Smolt streamers; various colors, sizes 4, 6, 8.
- Polar shrimp and similar, bright wet-flies; sizes 4, 6, 8.
- Deer-hair mouse patterns for rainbow fishing; sizes 4 and 6.
- Egg patterns in orange, pink, and creme; sizes 6, 8, 10.
- Bead-head nymphs; prince, hare’s-ear, pheasant tail; sizes 8, 10, 12.
- Teeny-nymphs and similar wet-fly patterns; black, pink, chartreuse; sizes 6 and 8.
- Attractor dry flies; elk-hair caddis, royal coachman and wulff; sizes 8, 10, 12.
** THIS IS A GENERAL CHECKLIST FOR TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT; I HAVE LIMITED
SUPPLIES OF ALL ITEMS TO BORROW AND USE AT NO CHARGE, BUT PLEASE
DOUBLE- CHECK THESE LISTS BEFORE YOU DEPART.